How to Start a Blog
This is a basics tutorial on how to start a blog. Nowadays, Lots of people wants to create their own blog website, any kind of a blog, like Travel blog, Photo blog, Personal blog and even a business blog etc.
But the big question is how do i start a blog ?
A lots of people who wants to create their own website blog, but they didn’t know where to start. (including me back 2010 ) Faces all the challenge for doing a simple blog of mine.
And that is why i created this article to guide somebody who wants to make their own website blog.
There are 4 easy steps how to start a blog.
Below are the few steps that you should complete to start a blog.
- Find and choose your blog platform
- Lock on your domain name
- Get a hosting with Bluehost Configure and design your blog
- Start creating attractive article for your readers
On this guide i will show you a simple step by step to complete you own blog. And after this tutorial i would like to guide you also how to choose a niche for your readers, drive a traffic to your website, build a community for your blog, and how to making money with your website etc.
And now lets get started creating your website blog.
1. Find and Choose your blog platform.
By making a blog, first you will need to choose your own blog platform.
There a many website or blog platform, lets get straight to the point where a lots of blogger using this clean, simple and great amazing platform. We, herein black hat method using WordPress.org and i highly recommended it to everybody.
WordPress is the most popular for website or a blogging platform.
- It has a lot or i mean they have the whole industry tools provider, including developer and designer that can help you configure and customize your website blog.
- They have been around for many years and always updating for new feature and security.
- Free to use and easy to set up.
Remember that their a two kind of WordPress.
- WordPress.com – They will host your website blog, It’s free to start but, You will pay and upgrade the different tools you need inside their back end.
- WordPress.org – Where you must have your own domain and a hosting so you can host the blog on your own server. This kind of WordPress where you can completely control everything in your domain, like if you want to monetize it, redesign it, installing themes, plugin etc.
I suggest and highly recommend to everybody is to use WordPress.org – let me guide you walk-through below. and you will have a full control in your website or blog using this platform.
Somebody searching for an advice how to start a blog for free and my suggest or advice is you need to invest a little bit, like hosting and domain to have you full control to your website or blog.
2. Lock-on your domain name
I recommend using BlueHost for getting both your domain and hosting set up.
Place a Domain
Every blog or a website need its own domain (URL) and set up it and to make it live online. Like here in White Hat Method our Domain is www.whitehatmethod.com.
Before grabbing a domain for your blog or business website, here’s some tips you need to and consider it.
- First look for a domain that related to your topic or niche.
- Choose domain with a great keywords, this would help to rank in google (SEO)
- Use com,net, org, you can also use co.uk, eu, for europe this are my suggestion.
Domain are not expensive you can place order at bluehost . but still depending on the domain you choose and it will cost a few dollars only.
3. Get Hosting with Bluehost
The best and simple way to where could get hosting is where you get your domain and place the blog to be host, i suggest bluehost they have a special offer for white hat method readers.
WordPress recommending bluehost since 2005 for blog or website hosting, they have a great option packages with 24/7 support team, 1 click WordPress installation, its affordable rate.
In fact bluehost created a simple video to show you exactly how to install WordPress as your domain and hosting provider.
You can also ask for help to your hosting and domain provider thru their customer support. You can chat them with live support or send a email and they are immediately replies to their client even to a new visitors.
Now you can setup or install a WordPress themes to your website admin area or Dashboard. You can find themes to your website blog at MyThemeShop or Themeforest they have a good quality and responsive themes for wordpress, with their own professional developer and designer exclusive for themes.
You can also use free themes from WordPress where you can find it in dashboard. After you design your blog you will need now is to create a unique article or topic for your readers.
Congratulation! you have now your own full control Blog. Start creating more article and monetize it from different network like adsense, drive more visitors to your website blog to earn money on it.